Sunday, February 14, 2010

A Valentine's Day Winner!


Happy Valentine's Day, mommas! And a big congrats to Natalie over at Our Old Southern House for taking the prize in the Love Captured Contest. All the love stories were fabulous, but Laura from Chikadeez could only pick one lucky winner!

Thank you to all of you who shared your sweet stories - they were such great fun to read. And though there was only one winner this time, do remember that you can still get a $50 discount off a photo session with Chikadeez Photography just by mentioning Make Room for Style.


I hope you all experience a little *extra* love today. As always, stay tuned for future giveaways and contests. Congrats again to Natalie, and here is her sweet love story that took the prize...


As a child when someone asked me what I wanted to be when I grow up I would say I wanted to be a mommy. Then I had ovarian cancer when I was 15 and lost one of my ovaries. I had multiple surgeries and lost 1/2 of the other one too. After that I never held hope that I would have a child of my own. I married my best friend in 2005. After a couple of years of marriage he talked me into just trying to have a child. But I had no hope. Then after 13 months something amazing happened--I was pregnant. I went through early pregnancy in a daze, not really believing I was going to be given such a gift. And then we found out it was a girl. A girl, how perfect!

Of course, pregnancy was not easy for me. Pregnancy-Induced Hypertension at 20 weeks. Preeclampsia and strict bed rest at 27 weeks. In and out of the hospital six times before I finally delivered at 37 weeks. My Preeclampsia turned into Eclampsia during delivery. But, she and I survived.

When I finally got to hold her in the recovery room and our eyes met for the first time, well, I was in love. An instant, powerful, would-give-my-life-for-her-in-a-second, kind of love. I've never experienced anything like it. And the most amazing thing is that this love has only grown bigger and bigger. She turned a year old last week. Every day I feel more blessed to be her mother. What an amazing gift I have been given!

No comments: